Shoqata Kombëtare Edukim për Jetën
Give Children e voice, let us be the creation of our world
Who Are We?
SHKEJ is an Albanian non-profit association founded on February 18th 2003 from a group of youth, inspired to be near the people in need, operates as an Albanian Non Profit Association in the field of promoting the Human Rights and the Social Integration of Human Beings in the spirit of the International Conventions and National Legislation.
SHKEJ, in order to fulfill the vision that “every human being is well prepared to face life challenges and achieve a balance in everything they do”, takes action towards societies and vulnerable groups promoting rights, facilitating social integration, and taking part in developing their future. It offers different services, building capacities by making educative activities and advocacy in community basis.
Whom We Serve?
- Street children;
- Children that never went to school, have or may abandon school;
- Children and youngsters that come from families with huge economic and social problems;
- Girls and women that live in the suburbs of Tirana;
- Families of Roma and Egyptian Community;
- Disadvantaged and marginalized communities